Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer Boredom?

Summer is finally here!!! Yay!!!!

I've looked forward to it since practically the first day of school, and....now that it's here, I don't really know what to do. I have a lot of time on my hands. :) Not that I'm complaining.

Thank goodness for Pinterest and books, or else I wouldn't know what to do and Mom would give me chores. :)

Speaking of Pinterest, I found these cool crafts on there. So, if you're suffering from summer boredom like me, here are some cool things to do.

Make-Your-Own T-Shirt (preferably Harry Potter) ;)



You will need:
 
paper & pencil
a t-shirt
freezer paper
a sharpie fine point marker
an x-acto knife
an iron
a piece of cardboard or poster board
fabric paint & brush
 
First, sketch your drawing on a piece of paper.
 

Next, place your design underneath a sheet of freezer paper and trace it neatly with a sharpie.


Now place a piece of cardboard under your freezer paper to protect your table while you cut.  Start by cutting out any "inner" shapes



IMPORTANT: Do not throw these little shapes away! You will need them!

Next, cut out the rest of your design and trim down the excess paper around the outside. (You can throw these parts away.)


Iron the main body of your stencil onto your shirt.



Then add those little inner shapes to the correct places and iron them down.



Place a piece of cardboard between the layers of your shirt to prevent the fabric paint from bleeding through.  Use a stiff brush to apply your fabric paint.


It may take a couple of coats to get good coverage.
Peel off your stencil while it's still wet, then allow your paint to dry according to package directions. (And some fabric paints need to be heat-set, so read the label!)
I got that from stayathomeartist.com. Pictures too. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool. I can't wait to try!

Okay. That took a while, but here's another one. :)



That's a heart garland. It looks very cool!

Hope you enjoy these! Let me know how they turn out (and pretty please, tell me what you plan to do for the summer!) :)


 



3 comments:

Bekah said...

awesome! i can't wait to make a bunch of t-shirts like this....it'll be so cool :)

Grace said...

These look great! I made the Nutella cheesecake today, and they were AMAZING! Thanks for the idea!
- Grace

Bekah said...

You're welcome Grace! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!!